A non premeditated act towards someone or to something is a random act of kindness
No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted.
Being kind makes the world a better place. Really kindness is just in us, deep inside. It’s human nature, if you see someone in need, we help. Even a child, if they see someone upset, or if the see someone fall, it is their instinct to go and help.
Animals are kind. If you are upset, you will find your dog, will come and sit by you, put their head on your lap, just be with you, because they want to comfort you.
The kindest person I have ever met, I talk to every day. Who? My mother, yes, I’m serious. How lucky am I? I knew from a little girl how special she was. I said from a very young age, I want to grow up to be like my mum.
Whether I made it or not, I’m not sure. I know I’m kind. I do kind acts every single day, for people, for animals, for the planet. Could it be hereditary? My beautiful sons are growing up with the kindness gene too. Proud mum, hell yeah!
Doing something kind is like giving yourself a quick happy fix. Endorphins kick in and you walk away from your act of kindness with a smile on your face.
Your act of kindness will have an effect on the person you were kind to and they in turn will be kind to someone else. You’ve heard of the saying “Pay it forward”? Just like that. Bottom line being kind makes you happy and you have helped someone or something at the same time.
The simplest acts of kindness are far more powerful
than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.Mahatma Gandhi
Random acts of kindness
1. Volunteer at a nursing home or animal rescue Centre
2. Let some one go ahead of you in the line
4. Plant a tree
6. Pay someone a compliment
7. Take your dog for a walk
8. Take a sick friend or neighbour dog for a walk
9. Serve / volunteer at a homeless shelter
10. Bake a cake for someone
11. Pay someone’s train ticket
12. Say thank you… ALL THE TIME
15. Take in your neighbors bins
16. Run errands for the elderly or sick
17. Say hello to a stranger
19. Mow someone’s lawn who can’t do it themselves
20. Drive someone to school or work on a rainy day
21. Listen to people / stories
22. Switch to recycle bags for your shopping
23. Reduce your paper use
26. Hug someone
There are so many ways to be kind. Try one now